Lou welcomes special guest Richard Herman. He is a nationally recognized immigration lawyer and immigration activist. He has dedicated his life to advocating for immigrants and helping change the conversation on immigration. He believes immigrants can help grow the economy, create jobs and reverse progressive depopulation. He is also the co-author of the acclaimed book, Immigrant, Inc. —Why Immigrant Entrepreneurs Are Driving the New Economy.
They discuss the situation at the borders, the difference between illegal vs legal refugees, how to fix our current visa program, reverse progressive depopulation, his book and much more.
More Info about Richard:
Video Into to Book: https://youtu.be/cTizYF0Ie4A
Sampling of News Mentions on Richard
- Governing Magazine, “The Resource We Are Throwing Away: Entrepreneurial Immigrants” Richard Herman, February , 2015
- New York Times, “Ailing Midwestern Cities Extend Immigrant a Welcoming Hand to Immigrants,” Julia Preston, 2013,
- Washington Post Writers Group, “Cities Scramble for Immigrants,” Peirce, Neal,
- Sarasota Times, May 17, 2004.
- Super Lawyers,” A Lawyer Without Borders,” Kashuba John, January 2006
- Forbes, “The Immigrant Connection”, Megha Bahree, Jan 2010
- Cleveland.com,” Attracting Immigrants to Revitalize a City,” Smith, Robert, April 2010
- NHPR,” The Economic Argument for Immigration,” Knoy, Laura, April 2012
- New Georgraphy, “Will a Dying City Finally Turn to Immigrants,” Herman, Richard, March, 2010
- Scribd, “We Are All Immigrants“, Herman Legal Group
- New York Times,” Immigrants Seen As Way to Refill Detroit Ranks” Davey, Monica, January 2014